Hybrid or virtual working models are on the rise due to several factors. Part 2 of this blog series discusses communication and inclusion in hybrid settings and how to lead hybrid teams.
We show what needs to be considered in the transition to a hybrid workplace model, what role the office will play in the future and, in particular, why the future of work puts individual freedom of choice in the foreground.
When the pandemic hit, students who had been planning on completing summer 2020 internships found themselves without that very necessary step in their university education. Read here on how to organise virtual internships!
Silo thinking curbs evolution. A silo mentality is a reluctance to share information with employees of different divisions in the same company. Personal interaction that spans departments and hierarchies – that’s how organisations create trust and break down barriers.
Every action needs a why. More than 80% of the people do not like or fully enjoy their job and of the remaining 20%, more than half only tolerate theirs. Some of us are more than lucky to be amongst the privileged who love their job.
Listening is the gateway to influencing collaboration, engagement and trust in virtual sessions. Listening for accuracy, and NOT based on your assumptions. Get to knoww techniques that you can use in your virtual session.
Project managers are often posed with several challenges that can hinder the success of a project. There’s so much that goes into great project management, it’s hard to know where to start. Read here how to manage virtual project teams for success!
A world café is a structured conversational process for knowledge sharing in which groups of people discuss a topic at several small tables like those in a café. This article provides you with several possibilities how to organise and facilitate a virtual World Cafè that will rock!
Engagement is the main question on everyone’s mind when it comes to virtual events: Will it be worth my time? Interaction is the answer to successful engagement and using the features of the platform is the answer to interaction.
Very often training in the virtual space are long lectures, overloaded slide decks, & quick jumps from one unlinked activity to another. BUT, virtual interaction needs to be highly interactive, tailored, & practical. Learning = thinking & doing!
Driving collaboration virtually is HARD. Many video conferencing platforms are not really designed for highly collaborative sessions. Effective facilitation will make that your passive attendees will become active participants!
To engage our participants we need to go beyond and be more creative in our online sessions. In this #virtualspacehero blog you get a step-by-step approach on how to facilitate a virtual fishbowl discussion activity!
When we switched to the virtual space, we also left all other tools aside that we were always using in our in-presence classroom or training. This article provides you with examples how to interact and engage by “going physical” again!
How can you build trust in a virtual team, where everybody is working remotely and the team only meets in the virtual space? What is your role as a team leader?
This article provides you with a lot of examples of with how to use the Six Thinking Hats from Edward de Bono in training, and a step-by-step checklist how to go virtual with this method, in a small and big group.
Working on your personal brand has become more important than ever – particularly now as almost everybody is working online. What is the role of social media channels? What are red flags when growing your network?
We are living in a fast changing society, that the recent pandemic made even more challenging. How can we self-motivate, organize ourselves better, be productive and connect in the virtual space?
Let’s face it: we all have our unconscious biases. But, the important question is: How can we recognize our biases? How can we challenge our biases and build up for more diversity and inclusion?
Meetings are essential to enable collaboration, creativity and innovation. But, how do we prepare and faciliate virtual meetings properly?
Recently many offline activities moved into the virtual space. Are you authentic when being online? Who are you offline, your overall online presence, and your perceived live online identity, what is it about?
With the recent movement of #BlackLivesMatter and topics of racism and white privilege being very present throughout all media channels, we chose to address the need for this important discussion.
Racism: How to take action? What actions should be taken against racism, how can professionals, global leaders and organizations act against racism?
Virtual Training: There have been many questions around the good, the bad, and also the differences between in-presence training or coaching and virtual ones. What are the challenges of it?